Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I Know This Much Is True

I stumbled across this MASSIVE novel in a second hand bookstore, and to be honest, picked it up because I liked the cover and it had a big "Oprah's Bookclub" stamp on it. It's about twins - one 'normal' and one with major psych 'issues' - raised by a single mother and her oppressive husband.

The book slammed me in the face in the first couple of pages and then I found I was really wading through waiting for it all to come together. I was camping with family and friends though, so it had a bit of competition. The story unfolded ok and I'd say it was a good read. Given the pace of the book, I have to say, I was a bit surprised with the quick wrap up at the end although, by the time I got there I was relieved to get the detail quickly in a few pages!

Let me know if you'd like me to send it to you. I've listed it on www.ourbookshelf.net

1 comment:

Just Mom said...

I've wondered about this one - loved She's Come Undone and thought this might be good too. I enjoyed reading all your reviews.